Worklet: Teamviewer Host

• 8 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Has anyone successfully created a worklet to install Teamviewer Host silently?

2 replies

Probably late for the user I’m replying to, but for anyone in the future here’s how you do this 😊

This command will install your configured host silently and grant easy access into remote machines. 

The custom config ID and API tokens both come from the customized host you create through Design&Deploy→Host 

Once you’ve customized your host, download the MSI package and upload it into the Automox policy you’re creating. 

msiexec.exe /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" CUSTOMCONFIGID=1234567 APITOKEN=12345678-abcdefghijklmnopqrs ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--grant-easy-access" /qn

Forgot to mention - do this through Required Software and not Worklet. 

Also, I ran into an issue where the above install command worked for some PCs and not for others - don’t know why. Here’s an altered command that will still perform your Host customizations with silent install and grant easy access.

(Just like above put in your own CustomConfigID and APItoken)

exit (Start-Process -FilePath 'msiexec.exe' -ArgumentList ('/qn', '/i', '"TeamViewer_Host.msi"', 'CUSTOMCONFIGID=1234567', 'APITOKEN=12345678-abcdefghijklmnopqrs', 'ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--grant-easy-access"') -Wait -Passthru).ExitCode