Question

Which new AX features are highest on your 2022 wishlist?

• 10 January 2022
  • 39 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
So what’cha want?

Happy 2022, y’all! Even though we’ve barely stumbled into the start of 2020: Part III, I think we’re probably all ready for a cup of tea and a nap. But first, I have a question: What AX features are highest on your wishlist for 2022? Here, I’ll get us started: as an Admin, I’d like to see some remote device management in the AX console. (Sorry, but none of you can use that one now! :wink:)

While we look to 2022, let’s also look back at 2021 - the features AX released last year came fast and furious at times, so we’ll do a quick recap. Give me just a second..so many new things..

Recapping…..

Okay, done! Here’s a quick, non-chronological rundown (organized by functionality), with some links to additional resources. If you have any questions about any of them, let us know in the comments. 

• Automation
    • Flexible Device & Package Targeting
      • ​​​​​​Gives admins the ability to target specific devices and/or packages with attribute-based filtering​. Attributes include hostname, IP address, OS/version, Active Directory OU, and Tags. Save time and efficiency by targeting packages based on when the package became available
    • Software Patching Catalog
      • Stop the resource drain of third-party software patching. With many software titles already supported and new ones being delivered every month – new titles are just a request away.
    • Vulnerability Sync
      • Bypass soul-sucking manual workflows and remediate time-sensitive vulnerabilities across you infrastructure in just a few clicks. Upload Vulnerability Scan reports from various providers to remediate and track remediation status
  • Reporting & Integrations
    • Patch History & Audit Logs
      • Base decisions on data with simple extraction of critical information in a timeframe of your choice. Gather data, build reports, and hold people accountable. CYA all day, eh!?
    • Splunk Integration
      • Uncover patterns and triage events like a champ by integrating critical device and systems-level data from Automox into your SIEM. Because more data is better data! 
  • Admin Experience
    • Reboot Improvements
      • Enhancements to the end user experience and support for additional reboot use cases - eliminate surprise reboots, with on-device reboot control for end users. Includes an option to force reboots after a worklet execution, but also allows admins to automatically defer reboot if the end user misses the notification! :metal:
    • Global Zone Management
      • Reduce your risk with centrally managed device segmentation and user access controls to make access creep a thing of the past. Now admins can add Users and Permissions from a single screen. With its centralized administration, you can create zones in seconds. 

This topic has been closed for comments

39 replies

Userlevel 2

TJ_Coppola YES!  

@ChadMc-Automox - Please do this First!!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Better graphs and counters on the dashboard. They can be misleading. When we see that low “up to date” percentage it gives us a false sense of alarm.

Also per policy graphs! If I create a policy it would be nice to see a graph to show progress on how many devices have applied it successfully. 

Access to the queue! If a policy or patch gets queued and is having an issue then it would be nice to be able to have that visibility. Or even to cancel something within the queue if it was added by mistake. 

Yeah, that’s a good one! Fwiw, this entire thread gets shared with our “customer feedback” channel/Product team. 

Keep em comin’!! :metal:

Badge

Active Directory sync, including details, and OUs. 
Flexible groups/ on the fly deployments. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Better ways to troubleshoot connectivity issues towards third party resources. Currently we can only see connection time-out but not necessary why this is happening. Other great feature would be if connections for updates would be proxied by Automox so you only have to enable connection towards the automox platform or some sort of on-site proxy feature of automox that simply shapes and direct the traffic. 

Badge
  • Machine Group permissions
  • In endpoint view additional pane with its logs from the activity log.
  • Worklets ability to assign run as account
Userlevel 2

@Wagnco01 +1 “In endpoint view additional pane with its logs from the activity log or at least a link to the report for that device.”

I would like to know the uptime of each device.  If not real-time, at least as of the last time it was scanned.

I have to go to disparate systems to get basic information about each device and to know if (or when) the Automox request to resart was successful.

It would be nice to be able to filter devices by a generic name (Either Starting with, or containing a character string)

Userlevel 2

i would like an easy and reliable way to manage Windows Store Apps.  If we allow automatic updates then unwanted non-business junk apps get installed.  If we don’t automtaically update them then we find ourselves with vulnerabilities. We use Powershell scripts to remove them but some are very persistent and don;t uninstall or return.  It would be helpful to have a platform that could inventory, update and remove them the way we do legacy desktop apps.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It would be nice to be able to filter devices by a generic name (Either Starting with, or containing a character string)

I believe this is possible already if I’m understanding you right. 

If you’re just trying to list the devices in your organization then typing a portion of a hostname should populate a list with all devices that include that string. 

If you’re attempting to create a policy that only applies to devices with a particular string in their hostname I believe you accomplish that with Device Targeting. You would specify a hostname as a filter and set it to “like any,” and specify the hostname string.

Has anyone actually done this and or can confirm?

Badge

Something small, but important (to me at least) 😃

Change the time-out access on the console...I am a stickler for security like everyone else, but being able to choose from a few timeout options will stop me from muttering every 30 minutes or so.

Badge

I’d love to drop into a shell on the endpoint directly from the console.

Badge
  • Activity log accessible via API
  • Command queue visibility
  • Custom attributes that can be set via worklet
  • Better worklet testing/development process

When on a device details page - also see a listing of recent activities from the activity log for that device.  Great for when you’re troubleshooting issues or user complaints (like it keeps asking me to apply patches).