Question

Which new AX features are highest on your 2022 wishlist?

• 10 January 2022
  • 39 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
So what’cha want?

Happy 2022, y’all! Even though we’ve barely stumbled into the start of 2020: Part III, I think we’re probably all ready for a cup of tea and a nap. But first, I have a question: What AX features are highest on your wishlist for 2022? Here, I’ll get us started: as an Admin, I’d like to see some remote device management in the AX console. (Sorry, but none of you can use that one now! :wink:)

While we look to 2022, let’s also look back at 2021 - the features AX released last year came fast and furious at times, so we’ll do a quick recap. Give me just a second..so many new things..

Recapping…..

Okay, done! Here’s a quick, non-chronological rundown (organized by functionality), with some links to additional resources. If you have any questions about any of them, let us know in the comments. 

• Automation
    • Flexible Device & Package Targeting
      • ​​​​​​Gives admins the ability to target specific devices and/or packages with attribute-based filtering​. Attributes include hostname, IP address, OS/version, Active Directory OU, and Tags. Save time and efficiency by targeting packages based on when the package became available
    • Software Patching Catalog
      • Stop the resource drain of third-party software patching. With many software titles already supported and new ones being delivered every month – new titles are just a request away.
    • Vulnerability Sync
      • Bypass soul-sucking manual workflows and remediate time-sensitive vulnerabilities across you infrastructure in just a few clicks. Upload Vulnerability Scan reports from various providers to remediate and track remediation status
  • Reporting & Integrations
    • Patch History & Audit Logs
      • Base decisions on data with simple extraction of critical information in a timeframe of your choice. Gather data, build reports, and hold people accountable. CYA all day, eh!?
    • Splunk Integration
      • Uncover patterns and triage events like a champ by integrating critical device and systems-level data from Automox into your SIEM. Because more data is better data! 
  • Admin Experience
    • Reboot Improvements
      • Enhancements to the end user experience and support for additional reboot use cases - eliminate surprise reboots, with on-device reboot control for end users. Includes an option to force reboots after a worklet execution, but also allows admins to automatically defer reboot if the end user misses the notification! :metal:
    • Global Zone Management
      • Reduce your risk with centrally managed device segmentation and user access controls to make access creep a thing of the past. Now admins can add Users and Permissions from a single screen. With its centralized administration, you can create zones in seconds. 

This topic has been closed for comments

39 replies

Userlevel 1

It would be nice to assign a device to a group based on a name

Support for tablets

Userlevel 1
Badge

Support for Tablets or Mobile Devices (Mobile - At Least Status / Alerts), Instructional / Overview Videos on the Automox API.

Userlevel 1

A custom timeout value for the console! I work alone in a secret underground bunker (WFH basement office), and would love to avoid logging back in every time I use Automox.

优秀的!

These are great, y’all - keep em coming! 

Show if AV on devices is up to date, show if devices storage is encrypted, API for link to seim / SOCaaS tools.

Have Group/subgroup targeting be quicker and easier

Userlevel 1
Badge

Additional Filtering on the Policies Page (Dashboard > Managed > Policies) similar to “Show Unused Policies”. For example the ability to set police status to: Production, Development, Staging / Testing -- and the ability to filter those polices on the Policies Page. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

The ability to setup Global Reboot Notifications for a Zone, rather than having to enter them for each policy. Also, a manual override would be great for those policies.

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • The ability to set a patch window
    When patching you sometimes have “Followup” patches

• Vurnability report based on a Automox central database
    Seen several times that Automox report 100% compliant, but third party report several vurnabilities because of lacking patches

• Patches available and patches available from update source
    To see what you’re missing out on, might be faulty update source, might be faulty update services on endpoint

Ability to reboot the servers from the agent itself

Ability to search the Device view for the name/partial name of a piece of software and get back a list of devices that have it installed.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Custom scan frequency by group, policy, name (or part of a name), subnet, and/or OS. 

Userlevel 2

A chart similar to a flow chart able to be created on the fly depending on users preference.

By patch policy, group name, or an entire zone at a time (My personal preference is a Zone overview)

To make it easier on Automox, perhaps this can be a partnered integration with Lucidchart?

Userlevel 2

I would like an option on the Policy Management page to see a list of the devices that the policy applies to.  

Userlevel 2

In the Software screen, please only show items with impact > 0 by default, with a menu option to view others if desired.  A giant list of software that is not installed anywhere and not vulnerable is white noise that adds no value and wastes my time repeatedly sorting to get to the relevant items.

Userlevel 4

On the Software page, I like would a column to indicate if the software requires a reboot or not.

Userlevel 2

I would like a policy that allows me to specify software to install based on if it does or doesn’t require a reboot and or by number of days it has been available.  Specifically, I would like a policy to run daily that installs all updates that were released more than 24 hours ago and don’t require a reboot.  Similarly, I’d like a policy that runs weekly for updates that requires a reboot and were released more than 7 days ago.  We like to allow 7 days between release and install of Microsoft patches to minimize bugs introduced to the environment. 

Userlevel 1

I would like the ability to pull back files (for instance logs) from a group of machines.

Userlevel 2

in the software list for a specific device, i would like a “Days Exposed” column for available updates.  I can get the info if I switch back to the Software tab and search for that update but I’d like to see it in the device list too.

Userlevel 2

It would be very helpful if each menu option (Devices, Software, Manage, reports) was a separate tab within the Automox window that remains open and you can switch back and forth between them without losing your current view.  I would be happy to show an example of another app that work in this extremely efficient way.

Userlevel 4

Hi Moira

Not sure if you aware, but I can right click a menu option and open in a new tab using Chrome. Even a Device Detail page can be open in a separate tab.

Userlevel 2

Hi Mscro,

Yes, thanks, I can open different tabs in Chrome and I can bookmark them.  It is different and super efficient when everything is contained in the one window.  In a perfect world, you can save the entire window the way you like and it opens that way by default as a landing page upon logon.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Groups being able it inherit policies would be super nice.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Access to the queue! If a policy or patch gets queued and is having an issue then it would be nice to be able to have that visibility. Or even to cancel something within the queue if it was added by mistake.