What IT problem would you like to never have to deal with again?

• 6 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7

• Printers

• Projectors

• DNS

• Password resets

• Patching

• Backups

voters

6 replies

Userlevel 4

Every 60 days, can’t use a previous password, two special characters, at least 12 characters, one number, one capital, and zero input from someone who understands a lick of math. FFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Is anyone using faxes anymore? LOL. That would be a big one for me. Worst. We were only allowed to put half our agency on efaxes unfortunately the rest have to live or die by the copier fax (ugh).

Userlevel 7

This look familiar?

Userlevel 7

A couple weeks ago I spent half an hour trying to send a fax at work. It wasn’t working so I asked our sysadmin @Mark-AX about it and he told me there’s no phone line hooked up to it. It was still giving me a dial tone and pretending to send the fax - #%#%($#@!

Yesssssss… feel that. For sure. Worst. My favorite thing to do all day is print out the summary and track down those error codes that belong to numbers, lol. Which ones are ‘real’ failures and which ones *actually went through even though it says they failed. I think there was a NIST conference not too long ago where the speaker started out with something along the lines of ‘We need to hold a funeral for faxing…’

Userlevel 4

Physically painful to watch.