Tip of the day: browser notifications

• 26 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7

Another way to be notified when new community activity happens is to turn on browser notifications (also called live notifications). These are short pop-up notifications that appear in a corner of your screen and then disappear after a few seconds.

To do that, go to your profile preferences and click on Notifications:

Click on the Enable Notifications button under the Live Notifications header:

10%20AM

This is a per browser setting, so if you use the community in multiple browsers or on multiple computers, you’ll need to enable it from each browser.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Badge

I use browser notifications for like 5 or 6 different sites so my bottom right corner can be a circus at times.

Userlevel 7

The one thing you have to watch out with those notifications is when you’re presenting. Those can get quite embarrassing if you’re not careful.

Badge

100% and it’s happened to me more than once. I also have a HILARIOUS group of people that seem to think when papa dim is presenting his screen that it’s a PERFECT time to send Teams or Skype messages like “Hey did that rash clear up??” or “Ok I hid the body.”

Definitely going to enable this when I get home. I only have notifications enabled for Spiceworks so Automox would be perfect to add!