Solved

MacOS Updates not applying

• 27 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Happy Holidays Automoxers!

For some reason a majority of our mac endpoint are not receiving the Mac Big Sure updates to 11.6.1 or 11.6.2. Our user see the Automox System Update Notification, click now, and nothing seems to happen.

Some of our users will eventually get the Automox Reboot notification window, but when they click on it, they are logged out instead of a restart. 

When we check the activity logs, we see that our mac endpoints have had all the apps as well as as Mac OS 11.6.2 update installed. However, when we go to check the OS version, we see nothing has been updated.

We are using jamf pro, with filevault enabled, and jamf connect. 

Any advise would very much apprecaited!

icon

Best answer by EricH-Automox 19 January 2022, 21:04

View original

7 replies

Badge

Team, we are experiencing the same issue. Any update on this?

Still occuring...a few machines managed to reboot on theri own. It looks like the update gets pushed out, but the users have to manually reboot for the update to apply. Continuing to work on this issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @lamador and @Bill_Yu

I’m the agent PM here at Automox. Have either of you logged support cases for this issue? We are aware of some issues surrounding the agent and macOS but will need to confirm if the issue you’re seeing is related to what we are currently tracking. If you could get support cases logged and post the links here that would be awesome to help us get this ironed out :)

Hi eric,

We reached out to support and have a ticket # 23427, not sure where i would get a link for the case thought. would have an idea?

Hi, @Bill_Yu & @lamador -- like @eric.huber said, if you haven’t already done it, your best option is to get a Support ticket opened so we can track your progress as part of the larger issue. I wish I had a quick answer/fix for you, but it’s an ongoing thing that we’re aware of, and we just need as much data as possible to continue troubleshooting. Keep us posted if anything changes! 

Thank you Chad!

Just wanted to add one more thing. 

We are using Jamf Connect 2 and in doing some reading i found that one of documented known issues is Jamf Connect Login window may interrupt incremental mac OS updates on Mac computers with t2 chip.

Not sure if this is the culprit, just wanted to share.

Thank you Chad!

Just wanted to add one more thing. 

We are using Jamf Connect 2 and in doing some reading i found that one of documented known issues is Jamf Connect Login window may interrupt incremental mac OS updates on Mac computers with t2 chip.

Not sure if this is the culprit, just wanted to share.