Editing a Worklet after it has been run

• 27 August 2019
  • 3 replies

If I run a worklet, say the Windows “Password-Settings” worklet, and then I edit the Remediation Code and save the updated Worklet, will the original Evaluation Code trigger the updated remediation code or do I have to change the test in the evaluation code?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you want it to trigger off a new test then you’ll have to change the evaluation code as well. There’s no universal variables you can set that span both code sections, as far as I know.

Userlevel 5
Badge

The evaluation code is a separate code block that evaluates the device to determine if it meets criteria you specified in the evaluation code and exits with either a 0 or non-zero value.

If the evaluation code exits with a non-zero value it will trigger the remediation code to run as written on the device. So, the evaluation code does not need to be edited unless you are changing the criteria on what you are evaluating. The remediation code is designed to change the device to meet the criteria you specified in the evalautuon code. For example:

Evaluation code:

looks to see if passwords is configured in a manner that meets your companies security compliance.

If the current password does match the criteria then the evaluation code is written to exit with a “0” and marks the device status as “Compliant”

If the current password does NOT match the criteria then the evaluation code is written to exit with a “non-zero” and marks the device status as “Pending Update”

##Evaluation exits with a non-zero value##

Remediation code:

The remediation code runs and prompts the user to change password to match the companies password security requirements.

Once the password is updated the evaluation code will exit with a “0” and mark the device as “Compliant”

Hope this helps!

Yes - thanks!