Automox for installing MSI packages?

• 24 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Greetings,

I’m new to a company and this product. We use Automox for our patching. Can we use the product to install MSI packages on servers? Thinking things like Infosec agents etc.

I’m currently using cobbled together POSH scripts which work OK but it would be nice to use Automox against an established list of devices.

Thanks for any insight.

Ron

4 replies

Userlevel 4

I use a required software policy. Upload the msi file and I believe the code will be generated for you after the upload. If not, I use a syntax similar to:

exit (Start-Process -FilePath ‘msiexec.exe’ -ArgumentList (’/qn’, ‘/i’, ‘“anyconnect-win-4.10.00093-core-vpn-predeploy-k9.msi”’) -Wait -Passthru).ExitCode

There are other examples on this site.

Thanks Mark I’ll research some more.

Userlevel 3
Badge

We use it to install and uninstall all sorts of MSI’s and EXE’s. Exe’s need to support a silent install mode, but we have found that most good software does. Anything you can do in powershell, you can use Automox to automate. I have a lot of maintenance and reporting scripts I use it for too.

@rfisher Welcome to the Community! Glad to see you got a couple of quick answers over the weekend. #TeamworkMakesTheDreamWork 🤘