Use API to Get a Hardware Inventory of Your Organization

• 15 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5

This API script will give you a hardware inventory in addition to some basic OS info and agent version.

You’ll need to set the following before running the script:

$apiKey = 'YOUR_API_KEY' - in your console, go to Settings->API and select the API key. Note that the API key is per admin user, so you and another admin in your console will have different API keys.

$orgID = 'YOUR_ORG_ID' - put in your Org ID which can be found by looking at the URL on the dashboard and selecting the value after the “?o=”: [https://console.automox.com/dashboard?o=1234]. In this example, the Org ID is 1234.

You can also modify $filepath if you want to change the file name or save it in a different location. Keep in mind the script will overwrite a previously generated file if it exists.

# Update these variables with your API Key, orgID & save directory/filename 
# This script expects the $expDir path to already exist and will overwrite an existing file

$apiKey = 'YOUR_API_KEY'
$orgID = 'YOUR_ORG_ID'
$expDir = 'C:\Temp\hardware.csv'

$page = 0
$limit = 500
$servers = @()

#############################################################################################################

while($true) {

$uri = "https://console.automox.com/api/servers?o=$orgID&api_key=$apiKey&l=$limit&p=$page"
$resp = (Invoke-WebRequest -Method GET -Uri $uri -UseBasicParsing).Content | ConvertFrom-Json | Select-Object results

$Output = $resp.results | Select-Object Name, serial_number, last_logged_in_user, needs_reboot, os_name, os_version, agent_version, last_disconnect_time -ExpandProperty detail `
| Select-Object Name, MODEL, VENDOR, CPU, @{ Name = 'RAM (GB)'; Expression = { [math]::Round(($_.RAM/1073741824)) }}, SERVICETAG, VERSION, `
serial_number, last_logged_in_user, needs_reboot, os_name, os_version, agent_version, last_disconnect_time

$servers += $Output
$page += 1

if($resp.results.Count -lt $limit) {
break
}
}

$servers | Export-Csv -Path $expDir -NoTypeInformation -Force

4 replies

Badge

I tried this and implemented it as a worklet but it doesn’t work.

Badge

Nevermind, I got it to work! 

Badge

Hello, I’m getting the following error:

At C:\Program Files (x86)\Automox\execDir449380431\execcmd435511650.ps1:58 char:9
+         | Select-Object Name, MODEL, VENDOR, CPU, @{ Name = 'RAM (GB) ...
+         ~
An empty pipe element is not allowed.
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : EmptyPipeElement

COMMAND TIMED OUT.

I know this is kind of a long shot and necro of this thread, but I just found this script yesterday and it’s amazing!

My only question is could it be tweaked to pull the system volume/HDD/SSD as well? I don’t need to see the free space or anything just the total volume size of any HDD/SSD on the device. I see it’s one of the items you can query via the API, but it’s a bit Greek to me on how to add it to the script itself to extract the data.

I use Snipe-IT and custom hardware fields for our inventory (CPU, HDD, RAM,ETC), so with the extra info pulled from the Automox devices I can do a straight import of pretty much the entire hardware spec straight from this script to the Snipe-It asset system.

Thanks for any assistance anyone with knowledge on this can provide!